If you can’t tell, I love a good salad. You can never have enough salad recipes. This green bean salad is pretty awesome. Love the combination of toasted walnuts, fresh green beans and vinaigrette – plus it was really pretty! Would be delish to add a little feta or goat cheese in as well if that’s your bag. Green beans are prefect this time of year and I have my favorite little sous chef to help me break the ends off, when he’s not eating them, that is.
I found this easy Ellie Krieger recipe on Foodnetwork.com (I doubled her recipe below, I don’t think 1/2 lb green beans would really serve 4 people). Served with halibut and walnut pesto and quinoa. Lovely summer meal.
courtesy of Ellie Krieger
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (I left this out, didn’t miss it)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water with a steamer basket to a boil, add green beans and steam for about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Toast the walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium heat until they become fragrant, about 2 minutes, and then transfer them to a small bowl to cool. Add the parsley and onion to the walnuts and stir to combine.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard. Toss the dressing with the green beans, top with the walnut mixture and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature
If you love green beans as much as we do, you’re gonna love this salad!