I was in New York last year and had a version of mashed up avocado on toast at two different restaurants. So simple, so delicious, I was inspired. I decided to add 2 fried eggs and voilà, my new favorite breakfast – the yolk breaking into the avocado is just perfect. It is also super fast, like 5 minutes fast. If I time it right, I can make it for myself before I have to leave for work, so much better than the Creamy Peanut Butter thinkThin bars my friend and fitness instructor hates (but I love, so we’ll just keep it our secret).
Pretty straightforward, not much of a recipe required.
- eggs (I like to use 2, but 1 is just fine)
- half an avocado
- slice of bread (I am really into TJ’s sprouted whole wheat fiber bread)
- salt & pepper
- Heat frying pan over medium high heat (I learned a little tip to heat for a minute or two before adding butter or oil)
- Toast bread in toaster
- Crack eggs into pan
- Halve avocado (store the unused half with the pit in an airtight container for tomorrow’s breakfast)
- Remove toast from toaster and scoop avocado half onto toast, mashing up with a fork and sprinkling with a little salt
- Flip eggs and fry until edges are crispy, but yolk is still runny
- Add salt & pepper to eggs and top your toast with them
I am definitely not a food photographer, so this picture cannot convey how delish it actually is!